Monday 12 March 2018

458 Win Mag ammunition slide. Part two

The lay out.


Having now got the dimensions to stitch the pockets to, I make a stencil to aid marking out.  It's a little time consuming, but in the long run it saves a lot of time and reduces the risk of making a measuring error.



I cut a strip of leather to the correct width and length and mark out the stitching and cutting lines, care must be taken when cutting as it is all to easy to cut a stitching line by accident.  

 At this point I cut the back and the belt loops out of some 3mm veg tan leather.  This is more ridged than the waxy pull up used for the pockets and gives the finished product a feel of quality and sturdiness that you would not get if you made the whole thing out of the pull up leather.  The veg tan leather I use is not dyed, so I can pick what colour I want, but I tend to stick to three colours, light brown, wall nut and chocolate. I find these all go well with the colour of the waxy pull up used on the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment